Planning for the Holidays: It’s Time to Get started!
Summer is winding down, and the holidays are fast approaching. And while the unprecedented events that have made 2020 a year for the history books may yet give this holiday season a different feel, there’s one annual tradition that still holds true for America’s small businesses – and that’s the critical importance of planning ahead to maximize success during the holiday rush.
It’s not too early to start laying out your holiday marketing agenda – in fact, with many Americans typically starting their holiday shopping before Halloween, the time to get started is now!
So, with a few broad goals in mind, let’s do a quick rundown of essential steps you can take to position your business for success this holiday season…
EVALUATE YOUR ASSETS
- Perform a website audit to confirm that everything is working fine “under the hood” and to identify any weaknesses that could hurt your bottom line this holiday season
- Relying on e-commerce this holiday? Take a thorough and focused look at your site to make sure you’re following best practices for online retail
- Shore up your off-site SEO efforts with a citation audit to correct any inaccurate or incomplete listings on web directories, and beef up your local SEO game by building even more citations
PLAN FOR SUCCESS
- Decide which products or services will be the focus of your holiday marketing efforts and put together a holiday gift guide targeting busy holiday shoppers
- Get a jump on content creation. With a few blog posts, videos, or infographics in the can, you’ll hit the ground running with confidence when the holiday season arrives
- Plan with a purpose without losing sight of the big picture by building out your seasonal marketing calendar
- And, make sure your plans have flexibility built in – this is a good call in any year, but this holiday season, with the uncertainty of COVID-19 still threatening to rattle local economies, it’s smart to prepare for any eventuality
REACH YOUR TARGET AUDIENCE
- Close the sale with on-the-go holiday shoppers with a mobile-optimized website, and other mobile-friendly marketing methods like email, social media, SMS marketing, or even a simple mobile app
- Give last-minute shoppers a lifeline by offering digital gift cards – year after year, they’re a top choice for those who’ve put off their holiday shopping, or who simply can’t decide what to buy
- SEO efforts falling behind? Play catch-up with search engine marketing. Also known as “pay-per-click advertising,” SEM has instant effect, and ads can be tailored to specific audiences, boosting your search ranking in a hurry
Looking to stay ahead of the game and get your brand’s marketing into high gear this holiday season? Rosie’s Creative can help. From web design and social media, to email marketing, digital video, and search-optimized copywriting, our multifaceted approach covers all the bases. We’ll work with you to develop a custom-tailored strategy, built to meet your brand’s goals and speak to your audience.
Contact us at Rosie’s Creative today, and let’s get started. Your first consultation is always free!